Two Dad's Coming Together



This is my favorite picture of my dad that I've seen so far. There is just something about him in that uniform that makes me feel proud.

My dad was a marine and served in the Vietnam war before I was born. Sometimes I think about the fact that he could have so easily been killed there and I would have never been born. Dad has often talked about how the only reason he survived Vietnam is because he "had a praying mommy back home". He's told me about several situations in the war that should have killed him and that there was no other way to explain the fact that he lived through each one than to know his mom was praying for his safety.

My dad will be 62 this fall and in very recent years became a christian after many, many years of praying family and the mercy and great timing of my Father in heaven. Praise His name!!

So I personally believe that God agreed with my grandma in their many discussions about my dad and decided to let my dad live until he was ready for heaven. You see, neither one of them wanted to see him go to Hell.

You have no idea how it feels to sit down and talk to my dad now about God and Satan without him turning away from the conversation like he did most of my life. There are some beautiful sounds in this world that I can describe to you, like the violin or a baby giggling, but I could never explain to you the beauty of hearing my daddy talk to me about the Almighty God!

2 comments:

kay said...

Jenny, thank you for sharing this precious story about your Daddy.I know how thankful you are that your Daddy is serving God today.

I too am thankful for the change I see in him. He has an absolute glow about him now, and can't be in your presence for long until he's talking about the Lord. Pete has never been the same since that day when GOD CALLED HIM BY NAME. Not in an audible voice, but in his heart he knew "this is the day Pete, when we begin our journey". Praise God for His goodness and mercy !!!

Thank your Jenny for reminding us, never doubt what God said He would do.

Jennifer said...

Amen, Kay!

Jennifer

Archive