The Wish Book

Thursday, I saw something that always brought loads of excitement to me as a child. I saw the JCPenney Wish Book! Each year I see it either at the store or lying around in someone's house. Everytime I see this book, I forget for a split second that I'm an adult and I get so excited.

I remember when mom would bring the Wish Book home when we were little. My two sisters and I would look at every single toy in the book on every single page (except for the "boy stuff" because it was "boy stuff").

Mom told us to go through the book and circle the things we wanted and mark the circle with the first letter of our name so she would know who wanted what toy. Some of the things had all 3 letters (J.R.B.) because we all wanted the same thing. This, for the most part was a good way to guarrantee we would get it. If it was cheap enough, mom would buy 3 of them because she knew we would fight over only one. As it was, we were already fighting over who got to look at the Wish Book first and the fact that so and so already saw the book and it was our turn and so and so was taking too long, etc.

There is still a book out there that holds everything I dream of having. There are still people fighting over it, too. I like to underline my favorite things in it and go back and look at those same things again and again.

It's the bible. Let's share it!

No comments:

Archive