Respect

As for being a liberal woman.....I'm not one.

I love it when a guy opens the door for me. I know perfectly well that I have the capabilities to open a door all by my little self and that's enough. A man opening a door for a woman isn't trying to tell her that she is stupid and incapable of even the simplest action. He is showing her respect by allowing her to go ahead of him and making each step she takes as effortless as possible. A guy who is willing to step aside and let someone go ahead of him is allowing himself to be humbled and that, my dear liberal women, is something that you should take notice of when looking for a good man.

I was at a discount store yesterday afternoon with my neice. As we approached the entrance door, a man was coming out and only opened the door wide enough for him to squeeze his own body through before letting it close right in front of us. There was a woman with a full cart coming toward the door behind him as well. I thought to myself how rude and mannerless this guy was and how he was certainly old enough to know better. I opened the door for myself and my neice and proceeded to hold the door open for the woman coming out the door. As I was holding the door for her, I happen to notice a man and his wife preparing to come in. I decided to go ahead and hold the door for them as well. The man, noticing that I was hold the door for them, quickly approached the door and held it for his wife and allowed her to enter the store first and me to let go of the door and continue shopping. This, I thought to myself, was very nice and impressed me.

A few months ago, I went to a grocery store and began looking at the vegetables on my right. As I was looking, I heard a bunch of commotion to my left but didn't bother to look around. I heard whistling. The kind of whistling you would do if you were trying to call a dog to you. I still didn't look because I figured it surely wasn't for me. Soon after, I heard a guy's voice yell "Hey!". I still kept shopping. The next thing I knew, the guy came over to me and began talking to me. I asked him about the whistling and yelling and he said it was him......which I suspected. I told him "Oh! I didn't know you were talking to me. My name is Jennifer."

Women, never allow a guy to whistle to get your attention. Make sure they treat you like a human being.....not a dog. Let them open the door for you. Men will not respect women if we don't allow them to take care of us......even when we can do it ourselves. Don't be a lazy bum. Just be a gracious lady.

Now you know what I think.

1 comment:

Grampy said...

I think the door holding thing is as much a matter of courtesy or respect as it is a gender thing; folks frequently hold a door open for me. I don't know if it's because of my age, girth, or just common decency...but I'm pretty sure it's not because of my gender :) The fellow who let the door slam in your face was an oaf.

Archive