Nothing Else But Him

What if I had.......

a big house.....
a nice car.....
tons of well behaved kids....
a perfect lawn....
the nicest clothes a person could have....
a spouse that everyone else wished they had....
a huge church with tons of friends....
the ability to sing and play any instrument I wanted....
everyone knowing my name....

but Jesus didn't know me personally? Oh, He knows all about me, but just doesn't have a relationship with me. Is that His fault or mine? It's mine. Jesus doesn't push His way into someone's life. He needs invited and welcomed. Otherwise, He stays out....but nearby, just incase today you decide you want Him.

What would I be like? Would I continue to buy more things for my home and family? Would I go on more expensive trips and vacations than I had already taken? Maybe I would buy more cars just so I could have more than everyone else. Hey, I know....I could pay tons of money on great landscaping and make it so that I didn't have to do any of the work to maintain it. Maybe I could find a bigger and better church to "belong" to and get better friends in this one than I had in the past. Would I put the old church down because they didn't serve me like I think they should?

What happens when all of these things have been accomplished as well? What then? When I have done everything there is to do and said everything there is to say and thought everything there is to think, what then? What's left?

I'm still empty, that's what! There is absolutely nothing I can do to fill this emptiness inside of me and I feel like I'm just gonna' die if I don't fix it! Dear God, what can I do to make this lonely empty existance go away?!!----------Ever feel that way?

Here's the good news:

You can do nothing except come just as you are to Jesus. You see, there is nothing and can be nothing without Him. At the beginning of everything .....He is there. At the end of everything....He is there. In the middle of everything.....He is there.

Where are you? Do you see Him? Maybe you only see yourself and your problems. Maybe you don't look for Him because maybe you are scared to death of the possibility that He won't be there if you look for Him. Is this true?

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."
Matthew 7:7

He is always watching you and waiting for you to come to Him. If you look for Him, He'll be there. If you knock on the door, He's gonna' open it up. If you ask Him to come into your life and just take over because things are in such a mess you just want to give up and you know He can make things new, He will do it.

You know, my Jesus is quite the servant. Only He knows how to do just what you need and He always does the job completely.....leaving nothing unfinished.

You cannot fill emptiness, in an unseen place, with things that are seen. You can only fill the unseen place with another unseen thing.......the spirit of God.

You've tried everything else under the sun. Have you asked God to come in and do His thing? I did a long time ago and I'll tell you one thing, I have NEVER EVER regretted it. I've done alot of things in my life that brought about guilt and letting God take over isn't one of them. God has a way of taking things you can't see with your eyes and making them better. I'm telling 'ya....give this thing a shot. You won't be sorry!

I read in the bible about Jesus talking about us having a mansion when we get to heaven. I personally don't want a mansion.....I don't want streets made of gold......or even to gaze upon a crystal sea. I just want to have my Jesus hold me and tell me it's all over now and nothing bad is ever going to happen to me again. Heaven is going to be eternal peace for me.....you all can have my mansion!

No comments:

Archive