School Prayer

I just got home from my neice's school. She was homeschooled for Kindergarten and so she has never experienced regular school until today. God help her! I am very pro homeschool so this is hard on me. I video taped everything from her standing beside my sister's car up to her going into her classroom. Her words "...but I will miss you mommy" still echo in my head. She is not my daughter but I feel as though she is. In my heart and in my mind, my neices and nephews ARE my kids. I just have to share them with their parents.

I asked God to make it so we would have time to pray about her day before school started. He provided that very opportunity! Talia and I were left alone in her classroom this morning for not quite 5 minutes. God reminded me of my request and so we took action. I asked Talia to pray about her day at school and so she did. I left the camera running. She, as usual, had a very heartfelt and beautiful prayer. For the past several days, I have been talking to her alot about what school was going to be like and that God always sends us a friend. I told her that if she asked God for a special friend, He would send one to her. This morning, she told God "Send me the friend you want to send me".

It wasn't until after the prayer was over that God reminded me what we just did together. We had prayer in school! Praise His name!

I look forward to seeing her after school today and hearing how God has answered her prayers and mine. I simply can't go through one day without thinking about and praying for my neices and nephews. They are everything that matters to me in this world aside from Tim and my own daughter.

LORD, keep them safe as they live and breathe in the world that you created and Satan attacks. I trust you to do this as I have no other hope other than you. I depend on you to be where I cannot be and do the things that I cannot do. You are my God and I am your child. I know that whatever I ask for in your son's name, according to your will, you will provide. Thank you for this and thank you, Jesus, for providing a way for us to speak directly to God and have a relationship with you! In Jesus' holy and precious and beautiful name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Archive