Update from this morning's post

When I came to pick Talia up from school a little while ago, she came skipping out the door yelling "I had a great day!" She also informed me that she made a friend. Later, she told me that she really made 3 friends. I would assume that the first friend she mentioned is her best friend. She says her friend talks alot like she does. I laughed and said that God matched them up pretty well and she agreed. She said that when her friend kept talking and talking, she thought to herself "You talk alot, like me! I LIKE you!" Too cute!

I reminded her of the prayer we had this morning and what she asked God for. Then, I told her that God didn't just give her one friend, He gave her THREE! Then God gave me the gift of being able to teach her how God gives gifts to those He loves. I told her that when we ask for something, He gives us what we ask for and then SOOOO much more. In a 6 year old's life, this is a wonderful example of God filling your cup to overflowing. You should have seen her face when she was realizing that God answered her prayer and gave her so very much. What a gift!

God is God and we are not. He is good ALL the time.

No comments:

Archive