Can God Sing In My Life?

I was just watching David Phelps sing on a bunch of YouTube videos and was making comments to Tim after each one. I just told him that if I get to go to the Christmas concert in Ashland this year, I'm seriously considering not taking my camera this time. I told him that I already had a couple of pictures of myself with David and they're nothing more than pictures of me with a guy. I told him that I don't go to David's concerts to listen to David. I go to listen to God because it's God singing through David.

People don't have the capability to bring other people to their knees or to their feet. Only God has that ability. I have never personally seen and heard David sing without people standing. This has intrigued me for years and I just can't help but take notice when David sings. David has no power on his own. When people listen to the power coming from his voice, they are not attracted to David like some would like to believe. They are being drawn by the power of God and the message being sung.

I really didn't want this post to be about David Phelps. I want it to be about what can happen when a human, created by God, allows God to work through him/her. I believe people's ears are cleaned out when God speaks. How beautiful it is when God sings!

I wonder.....

Can you speak?

Can you sing?

Can you cook?

Can you sew?

Can you mow grass?

Can you do laundry?

Can you care for children?

Can you care for the elderly?

Can you weed flower beds?


What can God do with the talent He has given you? Wouldn't it be cool to find out? Now, I can't guarrantee you that people will stand at attention when you come to their home and weed their garden....or that your children will applaud you as they watch you wash their laundry.....but I can tell you that whatever you do, if you do it for God's glory, all of heaven is applauding.

You know, there really isn't any other applause I would rather have!

What would it look and sound like if God sang in your life?

No comments:

Archive