The God Of Details

Before work this morning, I decided to go to Tim's blog and do some reading. Tim is my husband, for those of you who are new here. I'm fully aware of the fact that Tim hasn't posted anything new on his blog since January this year, but I thought I would go ahead and re-read some things. Well, as I scrolled down the screen, I found myself reading everything he had posted on the whole first screen. It was as though everything was new to me and I hadn't read this stuff before. I was reading with an open mind attempting to view things in a fresh new way. I found myself enjoying what I read and being drawn closer to the author of those words. I thought to myself how beautiful this person is and how proud I am of him in how he talks about God.

It's a wonderful thing for me to watch Tim and listen to him living life and realize that he's my husband....the one God chose for me.....the one I asked God for all those years ago when I was growing up and thinking all the good guys were already taken. I was just sure that there was never going to be anyone for me. Now, I can look back on all that pain and crying years ago and see God working in my life. The theme of my life has been WAITING.

When God provided me with Tim, He gave me more than I had asked for...and I asked for detailed things I wanted in a guy. God provided the kind of teen guy He knew I would need right then.....He provided the kind of young adult He knew I would need when I was in my 20's....He provided the kind of man He knew I would need right now in my 30's and I am convinced there are more glorious things to come from God in my relationship with Tim in our future together.

God gave me a man who had never been to bed with anyone until we got married. God gave Tim a wife who had never been to bed with anyone until marriage as well. It seems that now-a-days, this is almost unheard of, but I assure you, it does happen. I am grateful to this very day that Tim is unaware of anyone else but me. He cannot compare me to anyone else because he has only experienced me. I simply have no words to explain to you what this very important thing means to me! God is so very, very good!

When something in your life seems impossible, ask God and give Him details. He is the God of details. Then, wait on Him......no matter how long it takes! That's the hard part.

If you would like to read Tim's blog, here is the link....

http://www.timsopinions.blogspot.com/

I proudly refer to Tim as "my man" because to me, he is everything good in this world all wrapped up in one person. To me, he is everything a man should be. He's mine, he's mine, he's mine!

October 11th this year will be our 10 year wedding anniversary. We exchanged classrings and became boyfriend and girlfriend on that day back in 1991 and dated for 6 years to the day. Our first house was his parents garage which Tim and his grandpas had fixed up into a very cute little apartment. We lived there for 2 or 3 years before moving to our first real house, where we live now.

I said all of this to honor my God, my husband, and hopefully give hope to those of you reading this who have given up hope of ever finding the man or woman of your dreams.

Just a little tip: God must be first.

No comments:

Archive