In Reply

One of my good friends, Chris, has a blog that I read often. He just turned 30 on Monday and decided to write about it. After I replied to his post, I thought my comment might make a good post for my own blog. So here it is....


I'm glad you don't have a problem with being thirty. When I turned thirty, I didn't have a problem with it, although I have friends who did concerning themselves getting older.

I have never really had a problem with aging. I have more important things on my mind than to worry about getting fat and wrinkled. I figure, hey, it's gonna' happen whether I worry about it or not, so why worry and ruin my happy days with it all.

Thirty three was a big year for me because I couldn't stop thinking about what age Jesus was when he was crucified and how I've been given the gift of a longer ministry than He....well, on earth in a physical way.

In a sense, it's almost like being given a second chance or something. We get to stay longer and love more and help more and serve more, etc. Jesus gets to do all this through us if we will let Him.

I know Jesus longed for home with God, but I have to wonder if He would have liked to stay just a little while longer here on earth and do some more of what He began. Only He can answer that. All in all, the greatest thing in the world happened to us at the same time the worst thing was happening to Him. He died so we could live.

Hallelujah!!

It all had to be bitter-sweet for Him because it hurt so badly to be killed by the ones He was saving. But, oh how good it must have felt after it was finished and He knew what the outcome was going to be for us.

Victory was won!

Jennifer

P.S. If you would like to visit Chris' blog, here is the link:
http://soulscapenet.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Archive